More details were just released on the Redistricting MN Party this Tuesday:
Minnesota politicos are anxious for the new redistricting lines, and they are turning that anxiety into energy. On Tuesday, February 21st at 7:00 PM some of the state’s top activists, conservative bloggers and elected officials will come together and publicly discuss the new district lines.
Event Sponsors include, The LateDebate Radio, AM 1280’s Northern Allaince Radio Network, American Citizens for Economic Freedom (ACEF), and VOICES of Conservative Women. Poor Richards Commonhouse in Bloomington will serve as a venue to a panel of top political pundits who will dissect how Minnesota arrived at the new district lines and analyze what it means for those who will be seeking state offices in November.
The panel includes the following individuals:
- Representative Sarah Anderson (R-43A), House Author of the GOP Map
- Professor Kent Kaiser, Northwestern College Communications Professor, Author, Former vice Chairman of Draw The Line Minnesota
- David Fitzsimmons, Wright County Chairman, CD 6 Chairman, Emmer for Governor Campaign Manager, Bachmann for President MN Director, Gingrich for President MN Director
Anderson, Kaiser and Fitzsimmons will break down party advantages, swing districts and who is most vulnerable due to new district lines.
Peter Vesseness of ACEF will be moderating the event which is expecting (Enter number of people here) dozens to attend.
- Event Coordinators: Erik Radtke, Delegate Scott County GOP and CD2 Deputy Chair in partnership with Scott County GOP Delegate and political writer Erin Haust.
- Time: Tuesday, February 21st, 7:00 PM
- Place: Poor Richard's Commonhouse, Bloomington
- Address: 8301 Normandale Boulevard, Bloomington MN 55438
- Admission to the event is free of charge
Dr. Kent Kaiser of St. Paul is an Associate Professor of Communication at Northwestern College. An author and columnist, he is a former vice chair of the Citizens Redistricting Commission for Draw The Line Minnesota. Previously, he served as the communications and voter outreach director in the office of the Minnesota Secretary of State. While with the Secretary of State’s office, he served as liaison to the U.S. Census Bureau and on the boards of Kids Voting Minnesota and Kids Voting St. Paul.
David Fitzsimmons of Cokato currently servers as Minnesota Director of Gingrich for President, Chairman of the Wright County Republicans, Chairman of Minnesota’s 6th Congressional District Republicans, Co-Chair of the Republican Party of Minnesota’s BPOU Committee, (and in his “spare time” helps run the family pork business). As an activist, Fitzsimmons has served as Minnesota Director for Bachmann for President, Campaign Manager for Emmer for Governor and Constitutional Political Director for the Republican Party of Minnesota.
Representative Sarah Anderson (R) 43A of Plymouth serves as Chair of the House Redistricting Committee. She is Chief Author of House File 1426 & 1425 which are better known as the proposed GOP Maps that were vetoed by Governor Dayton. Representative Anderson is currently serving in her third term.
6:00 Set up
7:00 Meet and Mingle, Press availability
7:30 Kick off – Erik Radtke,
- Thank and recognize sponsors
- Encourage Poor Richard’s Patronage
- Introduce Peter Vessenes, MC
7:40 Welcome – Peter Vessenes
- Opening remarks
- Invite federal candidates to say hello
- Encourage Poor Richard’s Patronage
- Introduce Panelist
- Explain context and history of how we got here today
- Editorialize and share story lines of what we see in the new maps
- Discuss constructive action items now that we can move forward
- Audience Questions
8:45ish Meet and Mingle, Press availability